Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
Others say Cthulhu’s wrath,
Which would be rather nice
- with apologies to Robert Frost
To celebrate the recent release of the Apocalypse Machine and the success of the Cthulhu Apocalypse series, Pelgrane Press and Apocalypse Machine author Graham Walmsley offer you a chance to end civilisation in a manner of your own devising.
Email us up to 500 words (it can be many fewer), outlining how the Apocalypse occurred and a suggesting a short scenario suitable for Trail of Cthulhu which results from it. You can use the Apocalypse Machine as inspiration, or come up with something different. The Mythos should be involved, if not as the proximate cause, then in the aftermath.
I’ll compile all the entries and make them freely available from the downloads page for non-commercial use.
Entries must be in by the end of November.
The prize will be a limited edition of Stealing Cthulhu, and some genuine 1930s ephemera and a $100 in Pelgrane voucher.
There will be two runner-up prizes of $20 vouchers and the Stealing Cthulhu PDF.
Terms and Conditions
- Only one entry per person
- Your work must be original
- Your entry must be no more than 500 words
- You must include your name and address in the entry
- You agree to allow us to make your work availble for non-commercial use
- We may use your entry for publicity, but you can remain anonymous if you wish